A proxy server is a kind of buffer between your computer and the Internet resources you are accessing. They accumulate and save files that are most often requested by thousands of Internet users in a special database, called “cache”. Therefore, proxy servers are able to increase the speed of your connection to the Internet. The cache of a proxy server may already contain information you need by the time of your request, making it possible for the proxy to deliver it immediately. The overall increase in performance may be very high. Also, proxy servers can help in cases when some owners of the Internet resources impose some restrictions on users from certain countries or geographical regions. In addition to that, among proxy servers there are so called anonymous proxy servers that hide your IP address thereby saving you from vulnerabilities concerned with it.
Anonymous Proxy Servers
Anonymous proxy servers hide your IP address and thereby prevent your from unauthorized access to your computer through the Internet. They do not provide anyone with your IP address and effectively hide any information about you and your reading interests. Besides that, they don’t even let anyone know that you are surfing through a proxy server. Anonymous proxy servers can be used for all kinds of Web-services, such as Web-Mail (MSN Hot Mail, Yahoo mail), web-chat rooms, FTP archives, etc. ProxySite.com - a place where the huge list of public proxies is compiled. In a database you always can find the most modern lists, the Proxy are checked every minute, and the list is updated daily from various sources. The system uses the latest algorithm for set and sortings of servers by proxy, servers for anonymous access are checked. Results of Search always can be kept in file Excel.
Why Should You Use Anonymous Proxy Servers?
1. To help system administrators to find and close public access to proxy servers opened by mistake. There is a probability that some proxies in these listings were mistakenly left open by a system administrator or inexperienced home user. So system administrators can look through these listings to check if their internet server IPs are listed here or not.
2. To help people stay anonymous in the internet. However before using public opened server you must to be sure that it is legal. You must remember that if you are using mistakenly opened server its administrator will find his mistake, sooner or later. In this case server admin can pass your ISP all your IP inquiries if internet server traffic will be large. Do you like such "anonymity"? And of course DO NOT use servers from Hidemyip listings for illegal or malicious deeds!
Any web resource you access can gather personal information about you through your unique IP address – your ID in the Internet. They can monitor your reading interests, spy upon you and, according to some policies of the Internet resources, deny accessing any information you might need. You might become a target for many marketers and advertising agencies who, having information about your interests and knowing your IP address as well as your e-mail, will be able to send you regularly their spam and junk e-mails.
A web site can automatically exploit security holes in your system using not-very-complex, ready-made, free hacking programs. Some of such programs may just hang your machine, making you reboot it, but other, more powerful ones, can get access to the content of your hard drive or RAM. Everything a web site may need for that is only your IP address and some information about your operating system.
Our own small proxy list is also a good place to start with if you are a novice.
Types Of Proxy
1. Transparent - HTTP proxy server reveals your real ip. Usable only for transfer speed improvement.
2. Anonymous - HTTP Proxy server does not send HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR variable to host, this improves privacy since your IP address cannot be logged.
3. High anonymity (elite proxy) - HTTP Servers of this type do not send HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR, HTTP_VIA and HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION variables. Host doesn't even know you are using proxy server an of course it doesn't know your IP address.
How to use ?
To use a free proxy from our Proxy server list is very simple, only 1 browser setting needs to be adjusted -
For FireFox users go to (Tools > Options > General > Connection Settings) and select "Manual Proxy Configuration", and enter in an IP and Port from our list into the text boxes.
For Internet Explorer users go to (Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan), select "use proxy server" and enter in an IP and Port from our list.